This hearty feast is an easy cooking recipe that’s perfect for 2, and gets its inspiration from popular German sausage dishes. As a twist, prepare it with a teriyaki demi-glace sauce for that Asian touch that complements its meaty flavours.
- 300g bockwurst sausage
- 150g onions, sliced
- 5g thyme
- 1g bay leaf
- 3g salt
- 2g black pepper
- 750ml water
- 250g Knorr Mashed Potato
- 10g salt
- 5g wasabi powder
- 25g edamame
- 100g Knorr Demi Glace
- 1L water
Teriyaki (can also be replaced with Knorr Teriyaki Sauce)
- 60ml brown sugar
- 60ml water
- 120ml soy sauce
- 60g sugar
- 50g onion, sliced
- 50g all-purpose flour
- 3g salt
- 1g black pepper
- 15g chicken eggs
- Black and white seame seeds
- Togarashi pepper
- Heat oil in a pan and sear sausages.
- Set aside.
Chef’s tip: When pressed for time, you can cut your sausages in half and cut a crisscross pattern on the skin side so that it cooks faster.
- Boil water, then add Knorr Mashed Potato Flakes, salt and wasabi powder.
- Whisk until smooth.
- In a separate pot, boil the edamame and mash together with the mashed potatoes.
Nutritional tip: You can substitute regular potatoes for sweet potatoes as a healthier option.
- Mix the Knorr Demi Glace and water together.
- Heat until you get the desired consistency for your sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bring to a boil until sugar is dissolved and the mixture thickens.
Chef’s tip: If your sauce is too thick, add water. If your sauce is too watery, add a mix of corn starch and water to thicken it.
- Using the same pan, sweat onion, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper until onions are translucent.
- Pour in the demi-glace sauce and finish it off with the teriyaki sauce.
- Mix the seasonings into the flour.
- Coat onions in eggs and seasoned flour.
- Fry at 180°C until golden brown.
- Put the mashed potato in the middle of the plate, then place the sausages on top.
- Pour teriyaki demi-glace around the mash and sausages.
- Garnish with fried onions, black and white sesame seeds and togarashi pepper.