Need a quick view of steps your establishment can take to protect your customers, your team, and your whole business against viruses? Here are three key steps to consider and incorporate in your establishment’s operations.
Step 1: Regularly Disinfect Common Areas
- Disinfect equipment and common areas like pantry, lobbies, and toilets at least once a day
- For disinfection of highly contaminated surfaces or material, allow appropriate time needed for disinfection as per product instruction
- Choose products that contain active ingredients like Sodium Hypocholrite of 0.05-0.5% or Benzalkonium Chloride of 0.05%* or more for effective disinfection against viruses
*As recommended by Singapore National Environment Agency (NEA).
Pro-Tip: Domex Professional Toilet & Bathroom Cleaner contains 2.4-3.0% of Sodium Hypochlorite for effective disinfection.
Step 2: Prevent the Spread of Viruses
- Look out for customers and staff displaying symptoms of fever, cough, difficulty in breathing, and advise them to seek medical attention or stay at home
- Ensure trash bins are covered and properly lined
- Avoid closed room meetings and close contact with colleagues who have fever and coughs
- Avoid touching eye, nose, and mouth
- Ensure proper social distancing at all costs, even when transacting with customers
Step 3: Ensure your staff maintains good personal hygiene
- Wash hands frequently especially:
- After using the toilet
- When hands are visibly dirty
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- After coughing/sneezing
- When coughing or sneezing, cover mouth with flexed elbow or tissue. Used tissue should be disposed immediately.
- Implement regular taking of body temperature for all staff and crew. Anyone who is found to have a temperature higher than the recommended may be advised to leave the premises and seek medical attention.
Need to bring your restaurant’s cleaning up a notch? Let our partners from Unilever Professional help you in ensuring your restaurant’s hygiene and cleanliness.