Funlasang Pinoy Year 2
Unilever Philippines, Inc. – Unilever Food Solutions
In the first Funlasang Pinoy, we encouraged our chefs to add play to their cooking in order to come up with fun twists to Filipino favourites. Funlasang Pinoy 2018 is all about giving them the recognition they deserve as they have fun creating their unique twists. This will be the search for the biggest stars in the kitchen with epic skills that could turn them into the pride of their hometown and the country.
- Submission of entries: 31 March 2018 – 30 June 2018
- Announcement of top 3 winners (it will be during our 3 cook-off events): July 2018 (Manila) , August 2018 (Cebu), August 2018 (Davao)
END OF PROMO
31 October 2018
PRIZES AT STAKE
- CASH PRIZE: PHP 100,000.00 for each of the 3 winners
- MENTORSHIP CLASS: The top 3 winners will be invited to attend a special class in the UFS’ Chefmanship Academy Program wherein they can learn more from different chefs in their industry.
- SPECIAL FEATURE IN VIDEO: Each of the top 3 winners will have 1 featured video on a publication/social media platform (i.e. Spot.PH).
HOW TO JOIN
- Open to all Filipino citizens who are restaurant owners or working chefs, residing in the Philippines. Must be of legal age: 18 years old and above.
- All entrants must create a local dish by adding classic Pinoy twists/flavours to their recipe. They must use the following KNORR product of their choice for their dishes:
• Knorr Liquid Seasoning 3.8L
• Knorr Beef Broth Paste 1.5kg / Knorr Beef Cubes Propack 8x600g
• Knorr Chicken Broth Paste 1.5kg / Knorr Chicken Cubes Propack 8x600g
• Knorr Pork Broth Paste 1.5kg / Knorr Pork Cubes Propack 8x600g
• Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok 6x800g
• Knorr Chicken Powder 1kg
• Knorr Rostip Seasoning Powder 1kg
• Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise 5.5L
The dishes they can create are the following:
• Crispy Pata
- Entrants will submit their photo entries in Unilever Food Solutions’ main website (https://www.unileverfoodsolutions.com.ph/) and must include the following details:
a. Photo of their dish beside the stated Knorr products (see above) that was used for the recipe.
b. Entries containing foul language or inappropriate content will not be accepted by the Unilever Food Solutions website and will be considered disqualified.
- Entrants will need to submit their personal information along with their photo entries:
• Full Name
• Mobile Number
• Email Address
• Are you a user of Knorr?
- Entrants will have a choice to either agree or disagree with the opt-in statement below, by clicking either “I agree” or “I disagree.” Only those who choose “I agree,” will be able to successfully submit an entry.
For any questions or concerns on the use of my personal information, I understand that I may contact Unilever Philippines at 02-588-8800 or toll free at 1-800-105647258.
- By submitting an entry, the Participant attests that he or she has read the full mechanics and agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of this Promotion.
- There is no limit to the number of entries a participant can submit for as long as each submission features a unique photo, meaning the photo has not been submitted before, either by the participant or any other participant. A participant may only win once throughout the promo.
HOW TO WIN:
- The Organizers of the Promotion shall judge the entries based on the following criteria:
• 30% Twist: How far will your twist take the original Pinoy dish?
• 30% Food Presentation: How will it entice diners to taste your dish?
• 40% Use of Unilever Food Solutions Product: How much Unilever Food Solution Product did you use?
- Judging of entries will be done by the Organizers of the Promotion. The decision made will be final.
- Submit as many creative entries for more chances of winning.
- Cut-off time for judging the photos is on 30 June 2018 at 11:59 pm.
- Entries sent beyond the cut-off date will no longer be accepted. Winners may only win once during the duration of the promo.
- Shortlist finalists will also be required to bring 50 samples of their winning dish during the cook-off competition for publicity purposes.
- Overall, the promotion will have a total of 3 winners by the end of the promo. Winners will be announced during the on-ground competitions to be held in Manila (July 2018), Cebu (August 2018), Davao (August 2018) and within a week after the competition on the Unilever Food Solutions Facebook Page and website.
- The winners of the promotion shall be subjected to verification. By verification, Organizers of the Promotion will ask the winners to send their full name, contact number, and address via private message to the Unilever Food Solutions Facebook page. If the participant cannot be reached within thirty (30) days from the first attempt to contact him or her; if he or she replies in a negative manner; or if he or she states that they or any authorized representative cannot claim the prize/s, the Organizers of the Promotion shall have the right to declare another winner in accordance with the terms and conditions of these mechanics, Organizers shall proceed with the verification until such time that they are able to verify and declare a new winner. During the verification process, winners will also be informed on how and when to claim their prizes.
HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE:
- Winners in the Metro Manila area are required to present one valid ID to claim their prize at Propel Manila 360, Inc. Penthouse B, PDCP Bank Center, Rufino corner Leviste and San Agustin Streets, Salcedo Village, Makati City, Philippines. Claiming of prizes will be entertained Mondays to Fridays (except holidays), between 1pm – 5pm after announcement of winners.
- Provincial winners are required to submit a scanned copy of their valid ID along with their bank deposit details via personal message on Unilever Food Solutions Facebook page. For validated provincial winners, prizes will be sent via courier. Courier charges c/o Unilever Food Solutions.
- Should the participant decide to send an authorized representative to claim the prizes, the authorized representative must present the following requirements: At least one (1) valid ID (government, work, or school ID with picture) belonging to him/her, a photocopy of one of the participant’s valid ID (Government, work, or school ID with picture on it), a printed copy of the participant’s entry, and an authorization letter – permitting the proxy to claim the prizes with the winner’s signature.
- If the participant or his or her duly authorized representative does not personally claim the item/s sought to be redeemed within sixty (60) days of notification, the prizes shall be forfeited in favour of Unilever Food Solutions with the approval of FDA.
- Once claimed and in the possession of the participant, ownership and all risks pertaining to the item/s redeemed shall be vested upon the participant-recipient.
- All prizes earned under this promotion are not transferable and the prizes that are non-monetary (like mentorship class and featured video) are not convertible to cash.
- Prizes unclaimed by October 31, 2018 shall be forfeited.
OTHER TERMS & GUIDELINES:
- Unilever Philippines, Inc. reserves the right to determine the suitability of the entries at its discretion, and to disqualify any entries it determines to be incomplete, ineligible, or inappropriate for any reasons.
- Employees of Unilever Philippines, Inc. and Propel Manila 360 Inc (referred to collectively as “Organizers of the Promotion”) and other official media partners and sponsors and their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity and affinity are disqualified from joining.
- By joining and participating in the “Funlasang Pinoy Year 2” (the “Promotion”), those qualified and interested to join the Promotion (the “Participant/s”) hereby confirm, agree and acknowledge that:
a. He or she has read the full mechanics of this Promotion and agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of the same;
c. Organizers of the Promotion have the right to identify him or her as a participant or a winner in the Promotion and communicate the same at any time, in any territory and through any medium of release (mass media, digital media, etc.)
d. He or she shall hold Organizers of the Promotion free and harmless from any and all claims, suits and actions for damages or liabilities that may be brought by other persons, natural or juridical, in connection with his/her participation in this Promotion, including the prizes, as well as the statements and declarations made by participant in relation to the Promotion;
e. Explicitly authorizes Unilever Philippines, Inc., its subsidiaries and its agencies the right to use his/her image or reproduce the picture submitted by him/her for this Promotion in digital media, press or any medium they may find suitable for promoting their products.
f. Organizers of the Promotion may, without further compensation to participant:
(a) reproduce, distribute, adapt, modify, make available and/or communicate to the public, exhibit, or broadcast any material or information regarding this Promotion, including the Participant’s entry, by any means or media without restriction of any kind as to quantity, purpose or time, whether commercial or otherwise, or to any country or territory in the world; and
(b) authorize any of the above activities; and
g. Organizers of the Promotion shall not be liable for any unauthorized use, reproduction and/or adaptations by third parties of any material or information regarding this Promotion.
- In case of disputes, the decision of Unilever Philippines, Inc. in concurrence with the FDA, is deemed final.
Per DOH-FDA-CFRR Permit No. 0529 s. 2018