These days, Szechuan cooking is all the rage in Chinese restaurants. Szechuan cuisine is often quite spicy and known especially for its exotic, bold flavours and aromatic fragrance. Here’s a chance for you to widen your menu offerings when you learn how to cook fresh squid in a mouth-watering Szechuan-style sauce, and keep the diners coming back for more.
Watch the Szechuan-Style Spicy Squid recipe video
Pasta is one of the most versatile dishes you can serve up. True to its customisability, this recipe can be modified by adding a variety of proteins. See the video for tips!
Here’s a tip before you start cooking
- 350g Large Squid, cut into small pieces
- 30ml Soybean Sauce
- 60ml Knorr Rock Sugar Honey
- 30ml Knorr Oyster Sauce
- 5g Knorr Tamarind Soup Base
- 30ml Soya Oil or Peanut Oil
- 25g Dried Chilli
- 2 pcs Bird’s Eye Chilli
- 3 pcs Garlic Cloves, peeled and bruised
- 1g Szechuan Peppercorns
- 3g Dried Shrimp
- 5g Spring Onions
- Blanch the squid in water.
- Mix soybean sauce with Knorr Rock Sugar Honey and Knorr Oyster Sauce.
- Heat a small wok and add oil.
- Toss the dried chilli, bird's eye chilli, garlic, Szechuan peppercorns and dried shrimp.
- Add the blanched squid.
- Pour in the sauce mix.
- Add Knorr Tamarind Soup Base.
- Arrange on a serving plate and garnish with chopped spring onions.