Ube Salted Egg Pandesal
An exciting twist on the Filipino breakfast staple with ube and salted egg custard!
All Purpose Flour 720.0 g
Instant Dry Yeast 15.0 g
Salt 2.0 g
Sugar 100.0 g
Milk, warm 177.0 ml
Unsalted Butter, melted 113.0 g
Egg, beaten 2.0 pc
Ube flavoring 15.0 ml
Ube powder 34.0 g
Water, warm 177.0 ml
Dry Ingredients5 minutes
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix very well. Set aside.
Wet Ingredients5 minutes
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and mix very well. Set aside.
Ube Mixture3 minutes
- In another mixing bowl, combine the ube mixture with the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients mixture in the dry ingredients and mix very well. Set aside.
Dough Preparation1 hour
- In a stainless station, kneed the dough until smooth.
- Place the dough in an oiled mixing bowl. Brush the surface of the dough with oil to avoid drying. Cover the bowl with damp cloth and rest for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, punch the dough to release the gas. Place the dough in the kneeding station, portion the dough to 45g each and form into round shape.
- Dredge the portioned dough with bread crumbs (moisten the dough to adhere the crumbs if needed).
- Place the dough in a baking pan and proof for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 330-350F for 20 minutes.
- After baking, make a slit at the bottom or at the back part and pipe the salted egg filling.