Moist, juicy, and melt-in-your-mouth is how you enjoy this cut of beef. Paired with a rich green peppercorn sauce made simple with Knorr Demi Glace, this dish is enough to satisfy any demanding carnivore.
Watch the Roasted Ribeye Steak with Green Peppercorn Sauce recipe video
While a good-quality, well-seasoned steak is tasty in itself, you can add a whole new dimension of flavour just by using the right sauce. Watch the video below and learn how to make your steak sauce taste even better.
Get a tip on adding extra flavour to your steak sauce!
Chef’s tips & techniques
- Finish the sauce by adding fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Add butter at the finishing stage to enrich the sauce further.
- Instead of green peppercorn, you can use crushed black peppercorn.
- Don’t drown the meat with sauce – you should still be able to see steak.
- Nutritional tip: More lean cuts like a beef fillet or steak can reduce fat intake.
What other meat could I use instead of ribeye?
Sirloin steak is a good alternative because it’s easy to get a hold of.
- 1.2kg ribeye steak
Green peppercorn sauce
- 30g vegetable oil
- 80g finely chopped shallots
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 90g canned green peppercorns
- 100ml red wine
- 250ml prepared Knorr Demi Glace
- Fresh herbs – chopped thyme and rosemary
- 50g butter cubes
- 1 bunch carrots
- 5 Chioggia beetroots
- 3 yellow beetroots
- 10 red shallots
- 10 white shallots
- 10 pieces yellow beet leaf
- Slice the ribeye into 5 thick steaks
- Roast the rib eye steak and bring to the desired doneness
- Season the meat
- Allow to rest
Green peppercorn sauce
- Fry the chopped shallots and garlic in vegetable oil
- Gently crush the peppercorns for a more intense taste
- Fry the peppercorns together with the onions and garlic
- Deglaze with red wine and reduce until 1/3 is left
- Add Knorr Demi Glace
- Add the fresh herbs
- Simmer for 2 minutes
- Finish the sauce with butter
- Boil the beetroots, peel then slice them in tranches and roast in the oven at 175°C
- Clean the carrots and roast them together with the beetroots
- Clean the shallots and roast them
- Clean and stew the yellow beet leaves
- Plate the vegetables on a warm plate
- Cut the rib eye and place it in the centre
- Finish the sauce and pour it over half the steak