Every restaurant needs a dish on the menu that’s perfect for any time of the day, from breakfast to supper. This easy-to-make Pinoy version of devilled eggs is a prime candidate for just that.
- 150g Grilled Pork Belly, finely chopped
- 30g Red and White Onions, finely chopped
- 5g Long Green Finger Chili, finely chopped
- Garlic, finely chopped
- 40g Original Sisig Dressing
- 15g Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 100g Egg Yolk, boiled and removed from whites
- 4pcs Boiled Egg Whites, halved
- Cooked Sisig Mixture
- 8pcs Formed Egg
- 2pcs Beaten egg
- 500ml Oil
- 60ml Sweet Chili Sauce, prepared
Grilled Pork Belly
- Mix everything and marinade for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Grill the marinated pork belly until cooked.
Original Sisig Dressing Drizzle
- Mix Knorr Liquid Seasoning and Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise in a stainless bowl with a whisk until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Set aside in the chiller.
- Mix everything in a bowl then pour into a wok/pan.
- Cook quickly on high heat.
- Turn off the heat and fold in the dressing and seasoning.
- Add the boiled egg yolk.
- Mash the egg yolk together with the sisig until it binds the mixture.
Filling and Shaping the Sisig Egg
- While the mixture is warm, mould a small amount of the mixture into a ball and place into the boiled egg whites.
- Put 2 egg whites together to form a whole shaped egg.
- Set aside in the chiller to cool for 40 minutes to an hour.