Adobo is one of the country’s much-loved dishes, and for good reason! Its flavours Here’s how you can give its irresistible flavours a unique twist, and make your adobo stand out from a crowd.
- 2500g Pork Kasim, largely diced
- 250ml Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 250ml Vinegar
- 8g Black Peppercorns, crushed
- Oil, for searing
- 80g Garlic Cloves, bruised
- 3 pcs Bay Leaves
- 5g Black Peppercorns
- 20g Brown Sugar, to taste
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice, cooked (day old)
- 5g Knorr Rostip Seasoning
- 15ml Canola Oil
- 15g Unsalted Butter
- 2g Garlic Cloves
- 50g Adobo, flaked
- 30ml Adobo Sauce
- 5ml Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1 pc Fried Egg
- 50g Adobo Flakes, fried
- 30g Tomato & Onion Salsa
- 20g Crispy Kangkong Leaves (4-5 pcs)
- 10g Spring Onions
- Marinate the pork with half of the amount of Knorr Liquid Seasoning and half of the vinegar.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan. Brown the pork on all sides. Set the pork aside until ready to use. Remove the pan and drain out the oil.
- Add the garlic cloves. Add the pork. Deglaze with the remaining marinade.
- Add enough water to cover the pork.
- Add the bay leaves and the black peppercorn. Braise the pork until it is tender and cooked through.
- When the pork is done, taste and adjust seasoning. Add the brown sugar to balance the taste. Separate the cooked pork from the sauce.
- Using a fork, flake the pork. Portion the flaked pork into 50g packs and the sauce to 30ml. Store the portion packs in the chiller or freezer.
- In a mixing bowl, season the rice with Knorr Rostip Seasoning Powder.
- Toss the rice the powder with your hands making sure that everything is already well seasoned.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Add the butter, then the garlic.
- Add the rice. Toss the rice in the pan, making sure it is heated through. Set the rice aside.
- Using the same wok, add the adobo flakes along with the sauce in the pack. Let it heat through.
- Then add the rice to the wok. Toss to mix the ingredients evenly. Season with Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Taste and adjust seasoning. Keep warm in a bowl, set aside until ready to plate.
- To plate, place in the rice in the centre of a plate and top with the fried egg.
- Arrange the crispy adobo flakes, tomato salsa and the crispy kangkong around the rice.
- Sprinkle the dish with spring onions on top. Serve immediately.