This savoury peanut stew sure can hit the spot. Turn it into a delicious, one-of-a-kind salad with the recipe below!
- 1kg oxtail
- 60g Knorr Beef Broth
- 2L water
- 10g ginger, sliced thinly
- 150g onions
- 5g black peppercorn
- 500g tripe, bleached and cleaned, cut into 2.5 inches
- 1.5L water
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 5g black peppercorn
- 30g Knorr Beef Broth
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- Oil, for deep-frying
- 125ml annatto oil
- 100g white onions, chopped
- 20g garlic cloves, chopped
- 125ml fish sauce
- 200g Lady's Choice Peanut Butter
- 1.5L reserved broth
- 100g toasted rice powder (optional)
- Oxtail (pre-cooked)
- Fish sauce, as needed
- 20ml vinegar
- 50ml honey
- 70g bagoong
- 1g Knorr Shrimp Powder
- 2g Knorr Lime Powder
- 3g iodised salt
- 200g Tagalog pechay, trimmed, sliced into 1-inch segments, blanched
- 2 pcs eggplant, sliced diagonally then grilled
- 200g string beans, sliced into 1 cm segments, blanched
- 100g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half then charred on one side
- Oxtail in kare kare sauce
- Crispy fried tripe
- Combine the tripe with the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, then turn it down to simmer until tender. Cook until the tripe is tender.
- Braising – 3 to 4 hours.
- Pressure cooker – 1 hour.
- When the tripe is tender, strain from the stock. Discard the stock.
- Place the tripe in the chiller to cool down. When cooled, cut 1/2 cm thick.
- Dredge the tripe with flour.
- Deep-fry the tripe until crispy. Set aside over paper towels under a heater.
- Heat oil in a braising pan.
- Add the onions and the garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the fish sauce.
- Add the peanut butter. Stir and let it slowly mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour in the broth. Whisk to combine the peanut butter with the broth.
- Add the toasted rice powder to help thicken the sauce (if needed).
- Add the meat to the pot.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with fish sauce if needed.
- Whisk the vinegar and the honey together in a stainless bowl.
- Add the bagoong to the bowl. Whisk together.
- Season with Knorr Shrimp Powder, Knorr Lime Powder, and salt.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Combine all the vegetables in a bowl. Toss with the bagoong dressing.