We’re all familiar with sisig, but have you ever tried octopus sisig? Give it a go using the recipe below.
- 250g Octopus, blanched and grilled
- 30ml Canola Oil
- 10g Garlic, minced
- 60g Red Onion, medium diced
- 10g Ginger, grated
- 10 pcs Siling Labuyo, sliced
- 250ml Water
- 5ml Bagoong Alamang
- 125ml Coconut Milk
- 15ml Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 3g Salt
- 1g Black Pepper
- Grilled Octopus
- Bagoong Alamang
- 3 pcs Quail Eggs
- 2 pcs Cherry Tomato, halved
- 1 tablespoon Shallots, sliced
- 1 pc Dayap wedge
- 1 tablespoon ground Chicharon
- 1 tablespoon Spring Onions, sliced
- Roughly chop the grilled octopus then set aside.
- Add canola oil to a preheated pan and sauté grated ginger until fragrant.
- Add red onion and garlic, making sure not to overcook or burn them.
- Add bagoong alamang to octopus. Mix until well-combined.
- Pour in coconut milk and Knorr Liquid Seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chillies and siling labuyo, then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the octopus sisig onto the hot plate, then add raw quail eggs and cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with spring onion and fried garlic. Garnish with ground chicharon and a side of dayap wedge and serve immediately.