Brandade with Cod and Spinach
Usually eaten in winter, this French appetiser is so delicious and simple to whip up, your dinner guests will want to enjoy it whatever the season. This version of juicy cod and potatoes is layered with golden breadcrumbs, and then baked to perfection.
Fresh Cod 1.3 kg
Onion 450 g
Butter 100 g
Crème Fraiche 200 ml
Fresh Spinach 500 g
Lemon Juice 20 ml
Japanese Breadcrumbs – Panko
Lemon 1 pc
- Prepare the Knorr Mashed Potato and mix with crème fraiche.
- Cool down to room temperature.
- Clean and cut the onions in half moon shapes.
- Fry the onions in butter until they are soft.
- Cut the cod in cubes 3 x 3 cm.
- Season the cod cubes with salt and pepper.
- Mix the cod with the onions and the potato mash.
- Wash and dry the spinach and mix with the other ingredients.
- Season with lime juice and salt.
- Divide the mixture over the cocottes.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and some melted butter.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes on 175°C.
- Make sure the breadcrumbs are a nice golden brown.
- Grate some lemon skin over the warm brandade.