Explore a refreshing way to beat the heat with this fermented thirst quencher.
Water 4000 ml
Granulated white sugar 325 g
Scoby/Kombucha 500 g
Granulated white sugar
- Boil Water and turn off the heat, Brew the Tea for 15 minutes or longer.
- Cool down the tea until temp reaches 85 F.
- Stir in the sugar until well dissolved.
- Transfer to a sterilized jar and add the Starter.
- Cover with a fine mesh cloth and leave in a cook dark place for 10 days.
- Strain and bottle in sterilized jars adding 50g of sugar per 500ml bottle.
- 2nd Ferment in a cool dark place for 3 days.
- Pace in the refrigerator to cool dowm.
- Serve very cold and consume within 14 days.
- Reserve 500 ml and scoby from the kombucha for the next brew.