Truffle Potato Soup with Crostinis
This is a simple but delicious way to sample the luxurious taste of truffles. With the help of Knorr Mashed Potato and vegetable boullion, this satisfying soup is best served with cheesy focaccia crostinis.
Vegetable Bouillon 0.8 l
Crème Fraiche or Cooking Cream 400 ml
Parmesan Cheese, grated 100 g
Truffle Paste 150 g
Firm Bread Like Sourdough or Focaccia
Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Bring the vegetable bouillon to a boil.
- Add the crème fraiche and truffle paste.
- Bring to boil.
- Add Knorr Mashed Potato to bind the soup.
- Let it boil for a few minutes.
- Keep adding potato until the soup reaches the perfect texture.
- Add the parmesan cheese and blend with a hand blender to get an airy soup.
- If desired, use a siphon to make the soup even more airy.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Half freeze the bread so it’s easy to cut very into thin slices.
- Place the slices on baking paper.
- Drizzle some oil.
- Grate the parmesan on the crostinis.
- Sprinkle some sea salt.
- Bake the crostini for 15 minutes at 170°C.
- Check if they are crispy. If not, bake a little longer.
- Pour the soup in a bowl.
- Finish with fresh chervil leaves.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs on the crostinis.
- Serve together.